Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Found Love

I remember when I was in 8th standard, one day I was talking to my friend named Kabir who was very knowledgeable about the countries of the world. I wondered how he knew so much and I found out that he reads about them from some encyclopedia (it used to be spelt 'encyclopaedia' then, but I guess times change and so do spellings). I was also very excited about it and as a childhood wish declared: "When I grow up, I want to write an encyclopedia". He started laughing and told me that writing encyclopedia is not a piece of cake and one man can't do it alone (as if I didn't knew it then). I didn't say then, but decided that I will be a part of one someday. Two weeks back, I started my journey when I edited my first article on IIT Kharagpur on Wikipedia. I waited till now because I was not sure whether it would survive a few days. But now as it has, I am writing about it.

By the way, if you are interested, you can check my works at my homepage. I have even got an award of being an 'exceptional newcomer'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work Ambuj, just visited your home page. will visit the remaining pages soon. Hope you continue to be an active wikipedia user

Anonymous said...

Nah buddy. Both spellings exists. I am sure I need not tell you one is the American form.