Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TGFI

I hereby proclaim myself as the creator and the sole author of the expression "TGFI", which I define as "Thank Google For It".

The acceptable usage is to thank Google for things that have been made possible because of Google's initiatives. Specifically, where it brought about change in the way the world (or tech companies in general) behaved.


Examples of good use (where Google has been an innovator):
  • I used to get only 2 MB on my webmail. Now I get over a gigabyte. TGFI.
  • Wow! Nokia opened its Ovi Store and now we all can get free voice navigation on our GPS phones. TGFI.

Examples of still acceptable use (where Google does it well):
  • I was able to complete my assignment on time although I knew nothing about the topic with 3 hours to go. TGFI.
  • Take that. I can take a virtual tour of Paris from the comfort of my home on Google Maps. TGFI.

Examples of unacceptable use (where Google is clearly lacking behind; except when it done for irony):
  • With Orkut I can now connect with everyone I know virtually. TGFI.
  • With knol, I have finally found a way to share my expertise with the world. TGFI.

Use of lower case "tgfi" is also acceptable. Feel free to use it as long as you don't take credit for inventing the word. You don't have to credit me for it, but I will be glad if you do. This expression is hereby released to the wilderness of the internet.

Note: The word is based on the expression "TGIF", which is a Public Domain word. Use of "Google" in the expression is allowed under fair-use.

1 comment:

Abi said...

Haha, great! I shall put it to use :)